The passaportes from Ponta Delgada are indeed missing during 1883-1893 :(

Ellis Island started in 1892. You'll have to use Castle Garden for the
pre-Ellis Island period:

Jeremy on this list is really good with tweaking the searches.

Just keep in mind that if her final destination was New Bedford, the
passengers on the ship could have been counted at Castle Garden or they
could have been counted at New Bedford. You will have to check both places.
And you may have to go to your FHC for the New Bedford films. I don't
believe Ancestry's collection is complete. And if she's not in New Bedford
either, you could try Boston. I'm not sure what evidence you have pointing
you to New Bedford.

Visit this group at