I had a FEELING it had something to do with a convent or becoming a nun.  I'm 
searching for a Marianna, daughter of Domingos de Mello, born in 1741 and she 
doesn't show up anywhere so the only thing I could guess is that she became a 
Nun .  But They don't always give names of family members.  In this case they 
did and it's not her:(
But I wanted to know what the "reconhecimento" was because there seemed to be a 
lot of women in them. (In 1700's)

Thanks for answering.  I hoped you would😀

Maria Elena 

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 4:36 PM, Margaret Vicente <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Maria Elena, not related to retirement.  The obit reads: 
> 
>  Mariana da Encarnacao, recolhida no Recolhimento da N. Senhora da Conceicao. 
>  The term "recolhida" was used to describe "Nun" or aspirant to be a Nun. 
> 
> Recolhimento means (Convent) of Nossa Senhora da Conceicao.
> 
> 
> 
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Maria Lima <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I looked on google translate and it has to do with " retirement". So I don't 
>> know how this relates to people in 1745 or so.  I seen this a lot now and 
>> decided to ask if anyone knows something about these "retirement homes".  
>> (?). Thanks
>> 
>> 2 on the left
>> 
>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-ASSUNCAO-O-1701-1753/SMA-VP-ASSUNCAO-O-1701-1753_item1/P191.html
>> 
>> Maria Elena 
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Margaret M Vicente
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to