Hello!

I have a great uncle who came to this country in 1899 or 1900. I find no 
passport on Terceira, nor on Horta, but that's not the issue I'm having.  I 
know he had a daughter born in 1899 in the Islands to his wife Maria. He was in 
California for the 1910 cencus, and I believe he probably went back home soon 
thereafter.  While he was here, he was naturalized.  So he ended up dying at 
home in Faja dos Cubres (Ribeira Seca) on Sao Jorge in 1933. Daughter is still 
living and had married, and his wife is completely different so im sure the 
first wife died.  

I am trying to figure out when he DEPARTED and arrived in the Islands.. a 
reverse of the usual. Unfortunately even though I have his departmental 
passport number, they (the gov) refuse to service my request for copies since 
it was from the late twenties (just a few thousand after what ancestry has) and 
apparently just within privacy laws. They told me it won't be available for 
some time, and I can't get copies unless I am the person named on the passport. 
(Real intellectually since he was born in 1879 and died over 80 years ago).  

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I may find the date he arrived in 
the azores?

If anyone has anything on a Paula Munoz in their databases please let me know 
(with such a unique name). She was the second wife who id love to know of.  His 
name was Antonio Machado Cardoza. The daughter was Maria who married a man 
named Costa and moved to the village of Calheta.



Thanks!!!!

Jeremy

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
  • [... 'Jeremy G. B-C - Researching: Sao Jorge & Pico' via Azores Genealogy
    • ... Cheri Mello
    • ... Rosemarie Capodicci
      • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C - Researching: Sao Jorge & Pico' via Azores Genealogy
        • ... Cheri Mello
          • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
    • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
      • ... Rosemarie Capodicci
      • ... "E" Sharp
        • ... Marilyn Thompson
          • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy

Reply via email to