> Cheri,

I have followed the instructions provided about mailing in to the Dept of
State Office of Law Enforcement Liason for a "Post 1925 passport of a
deceased person" (The one in question is from 1930, he died in 1933).

Before actually sending off the letter I typed up along with the death cert
and photo ID, I phoned their office.  The lady did not sound particularly
knowledgeable about requests for deceased persons, and was unable to locate
information on procedure for my particular case, but she said "Third part
requests MUST be certified, and therefore you are obligated to pay a $150
search fee".  WHAT CROOKS! $150 for a damn passport? As you would say - to
much vinho, but they arent even Azorean!

So my question is this: Have you ever actually sent in for a passport in
this situation? With what results?

More than anything I just want the date he left the US to go back home
(permanently), and I want his photograph above all!

,

A VERY frustrated Jeremy

  • [... 'Jeremy G. B-C - Researching: Sao Jorge & Pico' via Azores Genealogy
    • ... Cheri Mello
    • ... Rosemarie Capodicci
      • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C - Researching: Sao Jorge & Pico' via Azores Genealogy
        • ... Cheri Mello
          • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
    • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
      • ... Rosemarie Capodicci
      • ... "E" Sharp
        • ... Marilyn Thompson
          • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
            • ... Cheri Mello
              • ... "E" Sharp
        • ... 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
    • ... Sami