SACHRISTÃO ( gravedigger )

A sacristão is/was the priest's helper during Mass

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 12:56:04 AM UTC-5, Kirsten wrote:
>
> I saw that Cheri, I guess I figured they changed their minds? So, I have 
> baptisms (thanks to Shirley Allegre). I can copy paste the info.....but it 
> matches. I have them on the Bell Rock arriving HI Nov 1883. Then census 
> records in HI and later California. Death record for Lucinda correctly 
> lists the father as Lindinha as per Uncle Tony. Family history also claimed 
> that one of them was a "rota baby" . And you have to admit the names are 
> unusual. 
>
>
> Marcello
> orphan of the wheel of Camara _____ _____
> (I have been told that CAMARA means of the municipality.)
> DOB 2 June 1852
> BAP  3 June 1852, Sao Jose - Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores  (186RB)
> Maria Francisca wife of Manoel Pavao
> place of Fenais
> GODPARENT
> SACHRISTAO (gravedigger) Antonio Jose da Silva, single
> TESTIMONY
> Joaquim Pacheco
> Antonio Gomes
> both married & residents of this freguesia.
>  
>  And for Lucinda: 
>
>   Lucinda, orphan  -----  -----  -----   (8LT)
>         BAPT. 28 April 1852
>         Nossa Senhora da Conceicao - Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel, Azores
>         Umblina Rosa, married with Manoel Moniz Lindinha
>         GODPARENT
>         Joao Duarte Pacheco, suis juris (I don't know what suis juris 
> means.)
>              from Nossa Senhora d Conceicao - Ribeira Grande
>         TESTIMONY
>         Manoel da Costa
>         Manoel de Medeiros
>         all married this church
>
> *** please feel free to tell me iF I'm way off base!
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to