Jeremy;  I have a Quadros family from Velas, Sao Jorge.  Mine are:  Gaspar
Quadros married to Maria da Cunha.  Children of the couple are: Isabel,
Melicia, Joao and Vitoria.  Just in case you find we have a connection.

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)

From: 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:29 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Name Abbreviation on Marriage Record

Hello!

I just unearthed the marriage record of one set of ancestors of mine.   It is
fairly neat writing and I don't have much trouble deciphering most of it.

I can make out that on November 27th 1779, Antonio de Quadros son of Antao
Pereira de Quadros and Maria Ascencao (deasesed) married to Anna Pereira de
Borba daughter of Simao Pereira de Cunha (deceased) and Maria (deceased).

I am however having trouble making out Anna (the bride's) mother's last
name.... Gil? It looks like an abreviation for something.... whatever it is I
am certiain I am misreading it.  If anyone has any thoughts on it please let me
know!

The only other thing I would like to verify is that the grooms mother is
deceased, not the grooms father.  I usually see defuncto after the parents
names, but in this case it is before her name.... am I correct that she is the
one that is deceased, and that Antao is living?

Thank you very much!

Jeremy B-C
Researching: Sao Jorge, Pico, Flores, Terceira, Faial, Graciosa