Well,

Since I have been spending the time to try and get the tombstones online
for the Azores, I thought of the idea that it would be super easy if I just
reached out to the source directly.
So I contacted either the cemetery (if it was big enough that I could find
the email address of a specific person to contact) or the Council itself.

I got a great many replies to my query about what their current exhumation
period / burial duration was and whether or not they would be willing to
send copies of cemetery records, and I explained what I was doing with it.
 It seems sometimes the Council sets an exhumation dates, and sometimes its
just the individual church: very locality specific.  Anyways, several of
them actually sent me rosters of all the people that have been interred in
recent years that they had computerized, and rosters of people whose
remains were 'set for exhumation' (unless the family takes action), one had
the records in an excel going back a hundred years, and other
charts/diagrams that they had and were willing to share.  Of course, most
of my queries went unanswered, but I did get alot of data, and information
out of it.  Only one actually responded with a decline to provide info, the
rest were extraordinarily helpful.  That is how I put together the ranges I
previously posted...

,

Jeremy