De: "George Sousa" <georgecso...@gmail.com>
Enviado: ‎17/‎03/‎2017 00:57
Para: "azores@googlegroups.com" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] Name of Child (Santo Espirito, Santa Maria)

A second set of eyes on this would be greatly appreciated because I'm having
trouble with this child's name:

Here is the Link to her baptism...
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-B-1765-1779/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-B-1765-1779_item1/P94.html
 (2nd entry on the left)

As was discussed earlier surviving childhood was a significant challenge and I
believe she died just after turning two. Here is the link to her obit...
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1776-1808/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1776-1808_item1/P4.html
 (5th entry on the right)

Is her name Ezideria or Izideria... it looks similar to the modern form of
Isadora.

For extra bonus points... this couple has another child about three years later
and they name the child a suspiciously similar name. Here is the link to the
second childs baptism...
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-B-1765-1779/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-B-1765-1779_item1/P147.html

Although it's a similar (or perhaps the same name of the child that has died)
this one baffles me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

By the way, I'm a direct descendant of the second child and I have found many
other references to her and it appears that there is no consistent spelling of
the name.

Thanks again...