Thanks Cherry,

I just got my first high cM match 4 days ago, it is a second cousin and she
doesn't have much info. I have quite a bit more. My highest after that is a
45cM American, who is researching Italian names because that's what he has.
I'm Brazilian and so far everyone comes from Brazil with one couple coming
from Madeira in the 1700's. Most non-confirmed because the "historian" who
decided to compile our genealogy apparently decided dates weren't
important.

So I have contacted those matches with the highest cM's but only one has
replied and he doesn't even have a tree organized! From what I gather from
family in Brazil, a DNA test is only if you want to prove who's your baby
daddy. So they are kind of frowned upon. I guess I'll have to see how I can
afford to fly to Brazil and buy a bunch of kits for my relatives to do
tests for me.