Cheri,
That gives me a little bit of a time frame to work with.  I'm slowly
piecing together my mid to early 1700s for the Pacheco line.
 Unfortunately, my direct Pacheco line end in a Pai Incognito, so if it's
that line, then I will never know.

It's interesting how DNA works out.  I have another match on this same
line.  He had a pretty good idea of his ancestry through the mid-1700s.  I
was able to piece it together and figure out that he is my 5th cousin,
meeting up with ancestors, Manoel de Mello and Barbara da Silva, married in
1794, Achada.  My line stayed in Achada, his veered off to Pico de Pedra.

He and my known Pacheco 3rd cousin (mentioned in the previous post) are not
common matches for me.  He doesn't have the chromosome 2 sequence.  Yet,
they both descend from the same ancestor.  (She would be his 5th cousin the
same way as I am.)