Bob,

I think you're referring to the margin notes as Index.  What you are
looking at are "notes made on the margin of the respective record for
events related to the individual".

Margin Note: Casou e mudou o nome Doc. sq. 1386 do paragr. 5 xxx? 18-9-68
(Got married and changed her name, document sq? 1386 paragraph 5 xxx?
18-9-68

The record main information is:

Baptised on the 10th day of January 1909 a baby girl named Balbina, born on
October 23rd 1908.
daughter of Jose Correa (Correia), worker, and of Maria do Carmo, stay at
home wife, naturals
and parishioners of this parish and residing in the place "das Fontes".
Paternal grandaughter
of Joao dos Reys (Reis), and Maria Victoria (Vitoria) and maternal of Jose
Espinola de Veiga and
Francisca Candida Margarida.

Godparents Antonio Correa (Correia) Picanco, married, worker, and Maria
Victorina, widow.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 10:45 PM, bobcamscpw via Azores Genealogy <
azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I am looking for some help with the translation of the
> attach item which is #3.  I know that it is baptism of Balbina Carmo Reis.
> Parents are Jose Correa dos Reis and Maria Candida Margarida she was born
> 10/23/1908.  I am not sure of the information on the index and other
> information
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-
> SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1904-1911/GRA-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1904-1911_item1/P129.html
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-
> SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1904-1911/GRA-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1904-1911_item1/P130.html

> Windows 10

Margaret M Vicente