What an interesting find! I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I only 
know what I see on the page ….. location. I suppose the best way to find out is 
to contact the archives. I found this email address…… hopefully, you will get 
an answer from them:  [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Kathy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~azrwgw/index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



> On Sep 10, 2017, at 10:53 AM, IslandRoutes <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Kathy,
> Thank you for posting this!  I found my 4th great grandfather, Felicianno de 
> Mello listed.
> 
> I have a question about the place information.  Is that birth or residency?  
> I ask because I found something more surprising.  There are 3 entries for 
> Jacinto Pacheco.  All of them son of Joao Pacheco Grande.  This is the first 
> entry:
> https://ahm-germil.exercito.pt/details?id=358865&ht=pacheco%20grande
> 
> Everything about these entry matches my 2nd great grandfather except that it 
> says Furnas instead of Fenais d'Ajuda (his birth village).  I don't know how 
> common the Pacheco Grande surname is.  My 3rd great grandfather used it as 
> did some of his siblings (they also used Pacheco Ferreira).  My family used 
> just Pacheco.
> 
> The reason I ask is my gr gr grandfather disappeared twice.  The first time 
> is right after marriage.  From 1756-1863 my gr gr grandparents are missing.  
> They married in his village (Ajuda) in 1756, then they reappear in 1763 in 
> her village, Achada to have what we believe is their second child.  I've 
> checked FVC/Ajuda, Achada, Estrela (his maternal line is from there) and find 
> no trace.
> 
> The second time he goes missing is after my great grandfather, Theodoro, is 
> born.  There are no other mentions of him in the 3 villages above, no obito.
> 
> So, now that I see these military entries, I wonder if this is my guy and 
> could he have been living in Furnas either in the gap after marriage or after 
> Theodoro was born.
> 
> 
> 
> On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 7:01:22 AM UTC-7, Kathy Cardoza wrote:
> I just posted a link to this valuable digital resource on the Azores GenWeb. 
> It can be found under the Maps section of the site or to go directly to the 
> link and explanation of the site:  
> http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~azrwgw/maps-churches-and-villages/portuguese-military-records.html
>  
> <http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~azrwgw/maps-churches-and-villages/portuguese-military-records.html>
> 
> Good luck and happy hunting!
> 
> Kathy Cardoza
> Coordinator, Azores GenWeb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
>       http://www.rootsweb.com/~azrwgw/index.html 
> <http://www.rootsweb.com/~azrwgw/index.html>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores 
> <https://groups.google.com/group/azores>.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to