From: azores@googlegroups.com <azores@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Fernando
Horn Batista <feh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:28:38 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Simao in the Azores

Good afternoon, John, unfortunately I do not have all these details. What I do
know is that the "Simas" family came from the Azores around the 18th century to
the coast of Santa Catarina in Brazil. The elders of the family said that the
real name would be "Simons", there is a whole suspicion that they were Jews.
The last name we can get in our tree is "Jose Luis Simas" who was married to
"Maria Roza de Jesus". These were the parents of Amaro José de Simas.

The family was Shipbuilders and had and still has many customs of new
Christians. Thank you very much, any information you have will be extremely
useful.