George M,

Who is suggesting you do a Y DNA 12 marker test? I, nor any of the other
admins on the Azores DNA project, would suggest that test, as it's not
really for genealogy. If you are interested in testing for your strict
paternal line (father's father's father's line, or the top of your
pedigree), you'd need a Y-DNA 37 or 67 marker test. Maybe you can explain
why you are interested specifically in the Y-DNA 12 marker test. There's
been no discussion about it and therefore, no suggestions about it.

And since you are an existing FTDNA customer, you need to log in to
purchase any additional tests. There's a blue Upgrade button in the upper
right corner.

Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Admin, (volunteer)

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada