Who are you looking for?  I might be able to help you.       Shirley in CA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: IslandRoutes
  To: Azores Genealogy
  Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 11:35 PM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Hawaiian Deaths/Burials

  Judy, I think your best bet would be to first check the Portuguese Consulate
logs Consulado Portuguese Geral em Hawaii, I believe they are called)  When the
ships came into port, each passenger and family group was processed.  If a
person died aboard ship, it was noted in the consulate logs.  I am not sure if
they note people who were ill.

  The LDS Family History Library has these in their collection.  I think they
are catalogued under something very vague like Index to the Portuguese.

  I think the Hawaii State Archives also has them.

  As Cheri said, death records prior to 1910 are hit and miss for Hawaii.  If
you find that they are listed as deceased on the consulate logs, it may be
possible to ask around to see where those aboard ship were buried.

  Melody