SATA and Virgin America have long code-shared on SFO-BOS-PDL flights and
Virgin has been merged into Alaska, so most probably Alaska is simply
renewing an existing agreement because the full "integration" of Alaska and
Virgin is supposed to be completed the end of this year, and the Virgin
name will disappear completely by 2019.

Tomás Leal