Hello! I have a question about the stamps that often are at the end of the
marriage records. My great-grandfather & great-grandmother (Francisco
Frederico da Silveira & Anna Corvello da Silveira) have quite a few stamps
(stamps on left side of page):

http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-LF-FAJAZINHA-C-1900-1910/FLR-LF-FAJAZINHA-C-1900-1910_item1/P17.html

I assume they had to pay more because they were leaving the Azores and
immigrating to the US? However, the marriage record directly following (on
the same page) (No. 4 José Jacintho Teixeira & Maria Corvello Teixeira) is
of my great-grandmother's sister, who emigrated with her, and her stamp is
only for 100 reis. Why didn't she have to pay as much?

Would appreciate any insight!

Thanks!
Anna

Researching Corvello / Silveira / Fajãzinha, Flores