For those that have been following this thread, I was finally able to view
the original photo but alas the back of the photo provides no clue.
Notwithstanding this disappoint, I am reasonably confident the photo is
from around early to mid 1880s with the girls all daughters of my great
grandfather Manoel d'Azevedo de Sousa Amarante. The photo would have been
taken around perhaps the Stawell or Ararat areas of Victoria, Australia.
Manoel migrated to Victoria Australia from Manadas, Sao Jorge in 1853 as
part of an Azorean expedition to find gold. Although there is some evidence
to suggest he found some gold he established a quartz crushing business and
held quite a bit of land around the Wattle Creek/Landsborough area in
Victoria. I think he did reasonably well for himself. The children are
likely to be from left to right Mary Frances Amarant born 24 October 1877,
Teresa Ann Amarant born 28 July 1875 and Catherine Clara Amarant born 27
June 1879. Thanks to all for your interest and comments. Kinds regards Tony
Amarant