This is my first attempt at translating Portuguese records and would
appreciate assistance in translating my grandfather, Jose de Mello's
baptism record.  I had difficulty reading some of the words as well as
translating.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-FAJADEBAIXO-B-1870-1879/SMG-PD-FAJADEBAIXO-B-1870-1879_item1/P162.html

Is my translation of date of birth (lines 9-11) correct?  I think it reads:

 ...nove hora de noite do dia desoito do mes de Decembro no anno de mil
oito centos setenta e sete ...
I translated it as:
 ...nine o'clock at night on the eighteenth of the month of December in the
year of one thousand eight hundred and seventy seven ...

Lines 14-15:

...Cidade de Ponta Delgada, Concelho e Diocese ???  dita e de Francisca da
Conceicao, empregada no servico  domestica, natural da Prioral de Nossa
Senhora da Apresentacao da Villa da Capellas forao resebidos na mencionada
Matris ...

Translated as:

... City of Ponta Delgada, District and Diocese ??? and of Francisca da
Conceicao, employed in the domestic service, native of the Prioral de Nossa
Senhora da Apresentacao of village of Capellas they were received at above
mentioned matriz ...

Lines 24-25:

...Forao padrinhos Agostinho Symbron Machado Faria e Maia ???  Maria Isabel
Machado Faria e Maia filhos ??? de Antonio Machado Faria e Maia de ???...
Translated as:

...??? godparents Agostinho Symbron Machado Faria e Maia ???  Maria Isabel
Machado Faria e Maia children ??? Antonio Machado Faria e Maia de ???...

Faria e Maia is shown numerous times.  Is this a place or part of the
person's name?

Thank you,
Nina De Mello

Researching:  Ponte Delgada, Sao Miguel