Hi Mike,
I’m late to this conversation…and don’t even know if your ancestors were in
California….but even if they were not, you might like reading this information

http://library.csustan.edu/sites/default/files/Bob_Santos-Azoreans_to_California.pdf

<http://library.csustan.edu/sites/default/files/Bob_Santos-Azoreans_to_California.pdf>

Susan Vargas Murphy