Ron C,

Perfect! Name, date, and place - you have the 3 things you need to start
searching over there.

Agua Retorta records are here: https://tombo.pt/en/f/pvc01

Go to the link for baptisms that include 1889. Since your Manuel was born
in Nov, go to the last image and work your way backwards, looking for a
Manuel.

NOTE: Even though you *think* you have his birth, it may not be correct.
You may need to go a couple of years forwards or backwards. It looks like
Agua Retorta was pretty good with noting the marriages in the margins. So
when you see a Manuel in the margin, squint at the margin note to see if he
is marrying a Rosa Cabral.

Manuel's ship was the Canopic and Rosa's ship was the Cretic.
Good luck,

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada