Start with the port where your Portuguese ancestor(s) arrived in the USA.
Those records are the most recent other than births, marriages, and deaths
in the USA. Then check the passport records from Sao Miguel for the year
that they departed. Check all of the ports of call. If Maria [da] Conceicao
Aguiar left as a child or wife, you need to search the father's or
husband's name as the primary passport holder. Maria Conceicao is commonly
spelled as Maria da Conceicao (Maria of the Conception). Ships registers
usually just have Maria if she was a child.

Hana Johnson