I know this has been answered already, but there are some subtleties I would
like to add.

   - I right click on the image and save to my download directory
   - Launch the file to edit in Irfanview
   - I'll generally crop to the record desired and do auto color correction
(helps with readability by taking out the yellowing)
   - If there are multiple pages (i.e, two files), I will crop each file and
then use Irfanview to paste special (add on side).  This allows the image to be
pasted to left, right, top or bottom of the target image
   - I enter the person's name and type of record in Ancestry's title field
   - For Ancestry's details field, I select "Document / Certificate"
   - I enter the date of the record in the Ancestry date field.  Generally,
Ancestry wants the date you added the image to Ancestry.  I don't find this
useful
   - For Ancestry's place field, I enter the event location (e.g., Guadalupe,
Santa Cruz da Graciosa, Ilha da Graciosa, Açores, Portugal).  I usually get
this from the Portugal postcode database
(http://prt.postcodelist.com/region/Guadalupe_4.html)
   - In Ancestry's description field I enter the record name (the file name:
GRA-SC-GUADALUPE-B-1907-1911_item1) and the CCA link
   - In the last Ancestry field, Transcription, I transcribe the record
(generally a portion).  I generally leave this in Portuguese
   - If the record includes multiple people from the tree (i.e., marriage with
parents and grandparents) I will add the people to the Linked to section.
Generally, I'll add the record, add the people, and then go back and link the
record to multiple people.
   - If the record is the only image for the person, I will generally make it
the profile picture for the primary person/people only (e.g., the married
couple, baptized child, deceased person, etc.).  This really helps to see why
the person was added from the tree view or primary profile view.
Hope this helps!
Bill

   On Thursday, March 28, 2019, 1:13:16 PM PDT, Liz Migliori