I just checked Zulmira's baptism which says her father is natural of
Almagreira, Ilha do Pico (Not Santa Maria).  This agrees with the marriage
that Rosemarie found because Almagreira is a locality within the parish of
Lajes.  This is different than the Almagreira on Santa Maria which is a
parish.

Bill Seidler