I found Santa Marinha as another name for the parish of Arcozelo, Ponte de
Lima, Viana do Castelo, but the records start in 1640 (about 100 years too
late).  JR is likely correct about being at the end of the line.
https://tombo.pt/f/ptl04

I am still excited about my first connection to the continent.  Apparently
my mother's family was Azorean for centuries.