From: Cheri Mello
Sent: September 11, 2019 1:40 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] help reading Baptism record for Maria Florinda

Florinda, daughter of Lourenço José de Sousa, native of Nossa Senhora da
Estrela of Ribeira Grande (so that's where you find his baptism), and Luiza
Francisca, native of this parish, Nossa Senhora do Rosario, place of Achadinha,
born on 16 Nov 1000 700 90 and 8 (spelled oyto instead of oito). So Sam got
1798 right.  Then some church stuff. Then godfather: Mathias Jose Jacinto, son
of the family of Alfares  a...ndo Jose, widower, from Nossa Senhora da
Conceicao of the village of Ribeira Grande.

You are in the 2nd time period. Grandparents are not given. You have to find
Lourenco and Luiza's marriage. Since they are from 2 different freguesias, you
look in the bride's first. So check Achadinha for the marriage and then check
Ribeira Grande - N.S. da Estrela church.
Good luck,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM 'Sam (Camas, WA)' via Azores Genealogy