On Monday 18 January 2010 21:29:35 Juha Ylönen wrote:
> I couldn't find any info on debug build in the README, and some
>  instructions I came across in the wiki didn't really work,

Could you please let us know what part of the wiki does not work as expected ?
Only then we can improve it.  :)

>  so I went and  modified log.c directly to printk everything that is passed
>  to debug_log.

Actually, there is a debug level which you can modify to obtain the same
result ...  ;)

> batman-adv: bidirectional: orig = 00:22:fa:dc:9a:ce neigh =
>  00:22:fa:dc:9a:ce => own_bcast =  0, real recv = 63, local tq:   0,
>  asym_penalty: 255, total tq:   0 ---
>
> Interestingly there seems to be packets coming and going from my laptop?

Yes, the devices are talking to each other. "real recv" indicates you received
the other node's messages but the other node does not repeat our own
broadcasts (see "own_bcast"). Would be interesting to see the log from the
other side. It looks like the messages get dropped there.

Regards,
Marek