Hey Martin,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 03:53:11PM +0100, Martin Hundebøll wrote:

please excuse my superficial review, but do we really need to bloat batman-adv
by 491 more lines to drop these OGMs? I'm afraid the filter will evolve
more and more, and eventually the research/debugging code in batman-adv
is bigger than the routing code. ;)

(sorry for ranting ;] )

Have you considered using and/or extending the former ebtables patch
from Linus[1]? We removed [2] it after some discussions [3], but maybe
its worth fixing these problems if its just about dropping some neighbors
packets. The patch has some problems, but it was really short and I guess
we wouldn't mind accepting the performance overhead by ebtables for
research/debugging purposes. Plus, we could make this a compile-feature too.

Cheers,
        Simon

[1]
http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/staging/2.6/2.6.35/0120-Staging-batman-adv-Adding-netfilter-bridge-hooks.patch