On Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017 12:35:32 CET Shantanoo Desai wrote:
> I have developed a Multicast based Data Distribution protocol
[...]
> I would like to compare how quick can data be disseminated in a Batman
> enabled Mesh network versus the protocol that I have developed

You've already lost me here. You say that your protocol is a "data
distribution protocol" which is using multicast ("Multicast based"). But the
L2 multicast feature [1] of batman-adv is an optimization which tried to
reduce the amount of broadcasts on the underlying layer (for example wifi)
while still allow interested multicast listeners to receive the data. So you
could say that it "implements" L2 multicast in a slightly different way than
in older batman-adv versions (which was just using broadcasts on the
underlying layer).

So your description sounds to me like these things are two different things
for two different tasks. Basically two different layers in the stack. Can you
clarify this?

Kind regards,
        Sven

[1] https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Multicast-optimizations