Hi,

After some time of playing with the B.A.T.M.A.N protocol and
net-interface on OpenWRT and Debian I was thinking to use it with
the servers I use everyday (and maybe on routers/appliances I have
nanoBSD on).

So I started an effort...
(As a background) I already ported some applications to FreeBSD [and I'm
maintaining them] and
also I did work already on the Linux emulation layer of FreeBSD (FreeBSD
has a Linux syscall-emulation and Linux-KPI layers).
So my approach (as naturally I didn't expect the build of batman-adv.ko
to be successful as is),
was based on the approach that we [at FreeBSD] did to port Linux's
drm... <https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm>
I ended up in adding some header-files to FreeBSD Linux-KPI (like
average.h, percpu.h, ...).
Now I'm at a state that Netlink blocks me and I'm to determine next step :-)
[Which I don't assume it being trivial with my current approach]

So I'd like to ask:
1- Is it better approach to "rewrite" batman-adv.ko [at least
Netlink-ish (let's call "Linuxism") parts] than what I'm doing now?
2- Any other efforts are being done out there?
3- is batmand deprecated [So I should mainly focus on batman-adv.ko]?
4- any other comments do you have? :D

P.S. sorry if I'm not really good at starting conversation from scratch
and out-of-nowhere :D
but I hope by continuing the collaboration we can have better (more
enriched) FreeBSD and better (as in more portable) B.A.T.M.A.N :-)

--
Best regards, MMokhi.