How about the BBC or BackStage put forward some ideas of things they
would like to see developed. In all honesty rehashing the same RSS
feeds is a bit boring :) I would love to see a long term "goal" set out
which could be contributed too by all of us a group and progressing with
the idea of it being used properly.
David Tattersall wrote:
I to was quite excited about this, and I wish backstage was on there as most
of the proposals on there seem to be just writing stuff for people's
platforms. I run windows, like most people, and I'd rather write some PHP
web app using RSS feeds rather than some obscure interface protocol that
runs on an OS hardly anybody outside large server houses uses.
(hint: it still says participants can join!)
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Eland
Sent: 02 June 2005 4:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [backstage] Google Summer of Code
David Tait wrote:
If anyone has any ideas then i would love to hear them they do not
necessarily have to be a mac specific application, windows or web
apps are also welcome!
Unfortunatley, the deadline for organisations to join has lapsed, and
backstage.bbc.bo.uk isn't on the list. If I were you, I'd look through the
list of participating organisations, and see how you could integrate
backstage data with their projects. Reading through the project lists should
be a good source of inspiration.
-- Andrew