Hi there,

I'm a newbie to the list but have used backstage for a while to power an artwork called decorative newsfeeds:
http://www.thomson-craighead.net/docs/decnewsf.html
http://www.thomson-craighead.net/docs/decnewsffh.html

Here's the deal though. I am exhibiting it in New York State at the moment and it ran for a few days then was blocked. As far a I can tell friends in Chicago, San Francisco and New York couldn't see it either unless they looked 'in browser and at our server' which made me think it wasn't an individual block --the piece certainly makes no more demands on bbc rss than any news ticker would.

I switched to 'world_edition' after speaking with someone at BBC but still no joy. In the end I had to set up a proxy and forward the news to the installation via our webserver in UK

I was wondering though if anyone had a reasonable explanation for why they should be blocked in the states? Even 'world_edition' it would seem. It happens also to be running in Sweden now just fine too.

Idle curiosity really but thanks in advance,

best wishes,

Jon Thomson




On 3 Mar 2006, at 00:40, Kirk Northrop wrote:

Nick B wrote:
You obviously fixed it. I then left as every hour was too annoying.
Can I get an update when I want ... e.g I want every 3 hours between
7am and 12am...
Just a thought. Other than that, quite okay, it started working the
last few days.

Indeed, works fine(ish) here too, but hourly is a bit much ;)

--
From the North, this is Kirk

www.noisetosignal.org
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/ mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail- archive.com/[email protected]/


-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to