On 9/24/06, Matthew Somerville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Keith wrote:
> The problem 've run into is that WS schedules don't seem to provide a
> feed of any sort. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could get around this?

The BBC Web API - http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/services/api/ - should prove
very useful to you, the links you want are probably something like:

http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/api/query.pl?method=bbc.channel.getLocations&channel_id=BBCWrld&format=simple
http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/api/query.pl?method=bbc.channel.getInfo&channel_id=BBCWrld&format=simple
http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/api/query.pl?method=bbc.schedule.getProgrammes&channel_id=BBCWrld&limit=2&detail=schedule

(the last giving you the schedule, I'm not sure how far in advance)

Hope that's helpful. :)
--
ATB,    | http://www.dracos.co.uk/ | http://www.bbc.co.uk/homearchive/
Matthew | http://www.traintimes.org.uk/map/

Hi Keith,

you may also be interested in my "what's on now/next" modules at http://bbcmodules.co.uk. They're based on the Web API mentioned by Matthew. The modules don't show anything beyond now/next though, so won't show you what's on later today..

BTW, Matthew's example of the API schedule call above, without the "limit" parameter, will show you the schedule for the current day (i.e. up to midnight today GMT):
http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/api/query.pl?method=bbc.schedule.getProgrammes&channel_id=BBCWrld&detail=schedule

Cheers,
Mario.