"Martin Belam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> One of the things I tried to do that I was suprised didn't work [and
> is an issue for backstage I suspect] is the normal BBC 2 tv
> schedule. It only has links for one week. I didn't try url hacking
> maybe that would have worked I don't know. I was just suprised that
> the standard listing showed only one week of listings.
>
>
> The TV schedule is only actually "fixed" about 10 days in advance.
> There is even legislation/code of practice about when the terrestrial
> TV companies have to notify each other of what they are going to show
> when. When I was at the BBC I saw a presentation about the whole
> scheduling effort which was quite gob-smacking in its complexity.

So how was it that a specific tv schedule search for university
challenge produced a time and dat but the browsing did not? My point
was that the browser only allowed 7 days INCLUDING today.

So not 10 days.

The reason I say it's an issue for backstage is that it's BBC
published data that someone could be using via screen scraping. I know
it's available in other forms but those forms are more complicated
than HTML. The webpages are like a microformat already   /8->


-- 
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to