________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Cartwright
        Sent: 01 March 2007 12:40
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: RE: [backstage] Traffic Info

        Warning: contain no talk of DRM, licence fees, or copyright.

        All the other links are good, but Google appear to have the
visualisation down to a fine art.

        For instance, both those sites tell me that there is an incident
up the road on the A40, and they do that with a load of ambiguous
(borderline meaningless) gumpf like a "Might End" time and "Severity"
plus a swath of text to read. I'm not really interested, and whilst I
appreciate the technical-aspects of the mashups, its all a bit rubbish.

        I just want to know the effect its going to have on my journey
time. Google's does this with a ridiciously-easy-to-visually-parse
colour coding of the traffic speed. This boils down all the "one lane
closed due to barrier repairs" crap into something far more usable.

        Of course, all this is just my opinion... and I don't even drive
:-)