I'm interested in attending the hack day, but what is the deal with regards
to hardware.  What will we be hacking on?  I ask as I don't own a laptop
myself at the moment, and don't fancy lugging my desktop to London!  Is the
idea to work in teams with people who have got the hardware?

Cheers, Chris

On 19/04/07, Matthew Cashmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Wonder who'll be working on that then? ;-)


On 19/4/07 16:44, "Ian Forrester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think there will be a small but deadly group of XSL developers working
together on some killer web applications.
Ian Forrester
Senior Producer, BBC Backstage
BC4 B4, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 02080083965





------------------------------
*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*On Behalf Of *James  Cox
*Sent:* 19 April 2007 16:23
*To:*  [email protected]
*Subject:* Re: [backstage] Hack day in  London


I'd love to see some cool stuff hacked with as/apollo/flex/etc.


a sneaking suspicion tells me that we have all the components to step
 away from the constrictions of the browser (specifically, dealing with IE)
and  instead run platforms which are just that little bit easier....



i was initially thinking a flickr app which used voice activated commands
 to browse tags etc... you'd have a big screen which you spoke to, and from
 v.a. > an apollo app > flickr api interaction....



shame i can't find good quality voice activation. :)



 - james




On 19 Apr 2007, at 16:02, cisnky wrote:



Actionscript ?


On 4/19/07, *Ben  Hall* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

Sounds  like a great event.  Can any language/technology be used? RoR,
 Java, C#?

Is all the hacking done on the weekend? Or do people do  prep before hand?

When do we find out if we have been  accept/invited?

Ben

On 19/04/07, James Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Kim -
>
> sure thing! the beauty of hack days is to make stuff  - linking tech
with
> electronics and you know, sewing. :)
>
> besides, i've got a stack of shirts.....  ;p
>
> - james
>
>
> On 19 Apr 2007, at  15:13, Kim Plowright wrote:
>
> Well - I ruled myself out of  the running for this as frankly, I'm great
at
> drawing, cooking,  sewing and making stuff (among other ladylike
pursuits),
> but  rubbish at coding and electrickery.
>
> Tom C left a comment  suggesting I find a group of people to team up
with.
>
> So  if anyone wants a hack-team-mother-figure, let me know!
>  ________________________________
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Tim
> Cowlishaw
> Sent: 19 April 2007  13:22
> To: [email protected]   
<mailto:[email protected]><[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [backstage] Hack day in London
>
>  On 4/19/07, oliver wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
> > I've signed up, but know whos - am I l33t geek enough  :) ?
>
>
> ha! my thoughts exactly.... are design-y CSS  / HTML -type people
welcome at
> these sort of events? If not, I'll  have to finish working my way
through
> 'Thinking in Java' by  June... or just learn RoR. ;-)
>
>
>  Cheers,
>
> Tim
>
>
>
>
>  --
>
>
> James Cox,
> Internet Consultant
>  t: 07968 349990  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] w: http://www.imajes.info/
>
>
-
Sent  via the backstage.bbc.co.uk 
<http://backstage.bbc.co.uk><http://backstage.bbc.co.uk>  discussion group.  To 
unsubscribe, please visit
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  Unofficial
 list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/






--


*James  Cox,
*Internet  Consultant
t: 07968  349990  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] w:  http://www.imajes.info/





_______________________
*Matthew Cashmore
*Development Producer
*
**BBC Future Media & Technology, Research and Innovation
*BC4B5, Broadcast Centre, Media Village, W12 7TS

*T:*            020 8008 3959            (02  83959)
*M:*            07711 913241            (072 83959)

Reply via email to