Good idea for a topic.

On 4/22/07, Jonathan Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm curious to hear what the Backstagers have to say on this matter.
It's only from discussions on mailing lists like this that I find out
about what technologies are good for anything.

To start the ball rolling,  I used python for Mood News as it had so
many libraries to do everything I wanted (GFX, Speech, RSS, FTP etc)
and also because of a neat file base DB system called Kirbybase. It is
nice and interactive so handy when you don't know quite where you are
going with an idea. Also mixing functional and OO programming is
seamless.

(I'm surrounded by
stick-in-the-muds at work - still using VB6. I had to explain what
'active record' was to the DB guy last month. Phfeh.)

VB6 is my day job too - Python in my spare time soothes my brain a bit :-)
Ooops - have I started another framework war?

Sharp exit,
Davy

--
Davy Mitchell