I've been thinking about products and services like this for a while, and want to ponder this question to the backstage community...

We've been talking about how DRM doesn't work, etc in other posts. Well lets just say for this thread that DRM doesn't work and it just turns consumers into against the content holder.

...What happens next?

Here's some thoughts from me,

Content producers adopt watermarking technologies?
P2P streaming and Multicasting becomes the next big advance for content producers
People start paying for real time or 0day access?
Google and Yahoo start indexing torrent sites and offering services like sharetv.org
Joost and Democracy adoption increases
The portable video player and digital set top (appletv, xbmc, etc) markets blows up Torrent site uses slowly drops, as content producers use other online services Windows Home server (now you see how my last post relates) and similar products sales increase 10 fold over the next 3 year