On 24/07/07, Richard Lockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So, to summarise; "we couldn't implement the player on all popular
platforms then (which we realise is a problem), but we are working to
do it now, and we'll get the system out to the majority of users now,
hitting our initial target launch date."

Sounds good to me.

Rich.

Actually,  I  was concerned  by the apparent lack of a formal decision
making process (as evidenced by lack of technical documentation or meeting
minutes in the reply), and that the Beeb seem to be saying "Siemens made the
decision for us":

"Siemens did not propose any other DRM solution, and the BBC agreed with
this approach."

That said, I was agree with the thrust of the of your point.

Vijay.