James Cridland wrote:
On 7/29/07, *Adam Leach* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Is there any chance of a separate developer list for discussion of
    APIs,
    services, Geek events, etc.

    The BBC with the encouragement from Ian & Matthew are providing some
    great sources of information for doing mashups and organising some
    great
    events like Hackday, but this mailing list is just becoming a BBC
    Bashing list.

Good plan! Might I recommend (having run many a mailing list in my time) that we, the users of this list, do not accept wildly off-topic conversation and mail people, off list, to enforce this? //j
So I know we talked about this before.

One of the site changes will be multiple forums. We don't want to spread the list topics too far but yes one mailing list is becoming troublesome with the diversity of discussions.

Were happy to accept slightly off topic discussions and we can live with a certain amount of constructive bashing. I know you all take part because deep down you all care about the BBC and just want to see it do the right things.

I know this isn't a conclusive answer but we're working on it.

Cheers

Ian