Dave Crossland wrote:
On 04/01/2008, Barry Carlyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
silly point -

"Just in case anyone missed it, there's a bunch of developers trying to
bring BBC iPlayer content to the Xbox1 and Wii. The main thread can be
found here - http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27063";

is xbox1 a typo, myself a poor student, still only have an xbox1....so
iPlayer on the Normal Xbox would be interesting...

Yes, the original Xbox, not the Xbox360.

The original Xbox's preloaded software can be modified to run
community developed programs like the "Xbox Media Center"

It is this program specifically that Ian is referring to; not all
Xboxs will be able to view iPlayer streams, only ones modified to run
XBMC.

I believe this can all be done with one CD image now.

Stick the CD in the drive of a Xbox1 and its firmware will be modified and you can install xbox media centre.

Like I said, the Xbox running xbmc is interesting because it supports a network, is open (as such) and has a scriptable environment (python). You can imagine sooner or later set-top makers releasing boxes which have the same functions for a price. Reminds me of what dave sent a while ago - http://gizmodo.com/339513/dash-express-runs-on-openmoko-foss-platform-nerds-heads-explode