I totally agree, the winner are online video services. However there are few of them available. I am not sure if people any longer look so much at the physical aspect. In the case of CDs and DVDs they become so commoditized that I think people will no longer judge them as "jems". The case of vinyls or books is different (particularly in the case of books, since it is a very old industry and therefore gives much variety). Actually I think that DVDs and CDs will end in the basement floor along with the Betamax and VHS tapes, very soon...

best,

jose-carlos

On 20 Feb 2008, at 15:57, Ian Forrester wrote:

I don't know guys, it may have been said multiple times but the only winner in this battle must be the online services.

However I'm still left wondering when the general public will get their head around non-physical media. People seem to like the look and feel of physical media like CDs, Vinyl, DVDs.

Cheers

Ian Forrester

This e-mail is: [x] private; [] ask first; [] bloggable

Senior Producer, BBC Backstage
BC5 C3, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: +44 (0)2080083965
mob: +44 (0)7711913293
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf Of David Woodhouse
Sent: 20 February 2008 13:31
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: RE: [backstage] HD-DVD / Blu Ray

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 15:26 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What I /heart/ about the pre-2K bit of plastic is the way it takes
control over your TV/DVD and insists that you watch the copyright
notices

Sounds like you need to get yourself a better DVD player.

--
dwmw2

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html . Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

-

disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/secretariat/legal/disclaimer.htm