I agree that accessibility is below the radar of most developers. Less
important topics are too, such as color management (modern browsers
interpret ICC color profiles).

In my experience, what's effective is to videotape the conference and
publish the video and audio recordings with transcripts, thus making
available the presentations, comments, Q&A and learnings to all.

That can be expensive of course if commercial firms are contracted
with, but sometimes outreach to the community concerned can be the
solution: offering e.g. free transport to a participant willing to
record the event, finding volunteers to transcribe, etc.

Sean