Quoting Matt Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

 BBC HD is broadcast in the clear on Astra 2D (28.2E) at 10.847Ghz V
 22000SR 5/6FEC, I'm pretty sure it is still broadcast as DVB-S (rather
 then DVB-S2 like the Sky HD channels) so a normal DVB-S card and a dish
 set up for Sky Digital should do the job.

I might give this a try, I've got a rather old dish but I think the
LNB should receive the signal OK - does anyone know of any other HD
signals flying around that are encoded with DVB-S?
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

Lyngsat has a listing, but for Free-To-Air HD (MPEG4) you're probably limited to BBC, Luxe TV and Euro1080.

As for the EU choosing DVB-H - it's an old standard - why not go with DVB-SH?

--
ST

[EMAIL PROTECTED]