On 27/03/2008, Paul Waring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:10:03PM +0100, Brian Butterworth wrote:
> >    I can't see the logic in that.  If you have a HD box, you can replay
> the
> >    HD content as SD.  But why would you buy a HD box if you can't watch
> HD?
>
> Perhaps you're recording a programme for someone who doesn't have a HD box
> (family, friend etc.)? I presume HD also takes up more space if recorded
> onto disk.

It's not like hard drive space is expensive and Moore's law will still
work.  I got a 750Gb external drive for £120 from Maplins a few weeks ago.

If you have a HD box that can output SD, then record in HD and playback the
HD via the SD output.  If your "friend" has got HD, they would watch HD.  If
the box can't playback in SD, then the friend can't watch it SD or HD.

Paul