On 14/04/2008, Steve Jolly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Brian Butterworth wrote:
> >
> > > 1. so the great evil here is probably the BT wholesale
> > > provision which seems to be behaving somewhat monopolisticly, which is a
> > > tendency that I know BT has.
> > >

> > Abuse of dominant position is prohibited under Section 18 of the
> > Competition Act 1998[1]. If BT are "behaving somewhat monopolisticly"
> > shouldn't Ofcom do something about it?
> >

> I believe that the wholesale price of IPStream ADSL is regulated by Ofcom
> already.  Cutting it drastically would kick the legs out from under LLU.

As part of its undertakings to Ofcom which led to the split-off of
Openreach (and not the enforced sale of the access business or the
wholesale business), BT committed to fix IPStream wholesale pricing at
its then level until the LLU installed base had reached 1.5M lines.
This milestone was passed about a year ago[1], and the price of
IPStream is now unregulated.

Peter

[1] http://www.offta.org.uk/charts.htm
--