Shevek wrote:
Hi,

It was great to see you all at Mashed, thank you for making it even
better than last year!

We're organising a technology festival in Bristol this Saturday 28th
June. The web site is at http://www.techadventure.org/ and contains
details and directions.

We want as many different types of technology in one room as possible,
so everybody who comes can discover something new. We're also trying to
encourage people to show how things work and how to build them, starting
from the very basics, so that you can do the same.

So, why should you come?

- If you'd like to learn technologies which you've seen but not had time
to get hands-on?
- If you have something cute, shiny or cool to show off?
- If you have an idea and don't have the skills or resources to make it
work.
- If you've built a robot which will take over the world, and need to
start somewhere.
- Why not?

We have some stunning speakers, and we'll be organising informal
sessions and discussions as much as formal presentations, because that
way everyone gets to talk and ask questions about what interests them,
rather than sitting through what the speaker wants to say.

Since this is the first year of this event, we have only a rough idea of
what's going to turn up, and we've tried to keep the blog updated as
people mail us. Demos should include robotics, virtual reality, vehicle
hacking, radio and video broadcast, music and recording, and there will
be talks and discussions on crypto, security, politics and publicity,
architecture and many other topics. We'll have a games corner and a
puzzles corner, and we'll generally try to make space for whatever
people bring on the day.

We have lots of space, so bring friends, and we'll see you there!

S.

Its so strange all this stuff happens once I leave Bristol :)