It is said (
http://blogs.msdn.com/ukgovernment/archive/2008/12/17/windows-for-submarinestm.aspx
also
http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/topstories/3982380.Submarine_job_wrapped_up_in_time_for_Christmas/
) that

The [Microsoft Windows] system, which has been installed on all seven
Trafalgar class submarines, all four Vanguard class and one Swiftsure
class, controls the vast amount of information needed to run the
sophisticated weapons systems on a nuclear submarine.

Pundits are already referring to "the deep blue screen of death" and
"Das Reboot"

(my turn to duck)