On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 21:06 +0000, Andy wrote:
> 2008/12/18 Brian Butterworth <briant...@freeview.tv>:
> > And with Adobe's AIR on Linux.  [ducks again]
>
> It's NOT on Linux. It's on 3 specific distribution versions of Linux.
>
> > Fedora Core 8, Ubuntu 7.10, openSUSE 10.3
> > From http://www.adobe.com/products/air/systemreqs/
>
> Ubuntu 7.10 isn't the newest version, neither is it a Long Term
> Support version, support for 7.10 will be terminated in April 09[1].
> This rules out most Ubuntu users who will not be on this version. The
> newest version of Ubuntu is 8.10[2] (2 versions newer than 7.10).

I don't know about Fedora or OpenSuSE, but iPlayer desktop works on
Ubuntu Intepid Ibex (8.10).

The BBC iPlayer desktop will probably not install on previous versions
of Ubuntu as it requires Flash 10 to be installed and that was only
released recently.

I'm just watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks (http://tinyurl.com/5stc6v) .
Shame there doesn't seem to be many programs available for download yet.

I'm really impressed with the AIR client, shame you can't browse an
available list of programs in the app.

Thanks

Adam