Hi

It's all a bit of a disappointment...

I'm still trying to work out how many times over this "so call surplus" from
the TV Licence is going to be spent, but whilst I go and spread some sheets,
I can't help noticing some of the good goofs in the Digital UK Report. My
favourite are:

*128 ... Free-to-air digital terrestrial broadcasting ... and, we expect,
leading-edge high-definition capability from early 2010*

What is "leading-edge" about a service that is TODAY the ONLY form of
terrestrial broadcasting used by 303 million people (in 113 million
households) in the US?

*131 "High definition transmissions offer much clearer TV pictures"*

No manure.

*132. "Another missing infrastructure link for digital terrestrial TV is a
return path for interactive services - a capability already provided on
satellite, DSL and cable networks."*

That's because it's a broadcast, not a peer-to-peer network. And this
"return path" would be - oh yes, the internet.

*101 ... higher mobile termination rates applied to T-Mobile and Orange have
provided some compensation for the higher costs associated with poorer
propagation properties.*

Or, in English, "T-Mobile/Virgin and Orange (1800Mhz) phones don't work as
well as Vodafone and O2 (900 MHz) ones, but cost more to call. "